Monday 25 January 2010

I'm back!

So, I have been away for a month and didn't have a chance to post while I was traveling.  I am now 17 weeks! Actually, I might still be 16 weeks, I'm really confused on the specific day I change weeks.  I'm just saying it's on a Monday to keep my head around it.  I am feeling MUCH better!  It is so nice.  Ladies, it gets better! I promise you!  I am still fairly tired, which really frustrates me, but my stomach is so much better and I can finally go into the kitchen again!  I had about three days last week of feeling sick to my stomach, but I'm much better now.  I looked it up on the internet and found that morning sickness can come back in small bouts sometimes, so I'm just really appreciating the good days and am so happy that the bad days won't last long!  I have a lot to say, but I'm not going to try to put it all into one post.  I'll just say that- I LOVE MY DOPPLER!  I got it at 11 weeks and couldn't find a heartbeat.  I was so disappointed and searched for HOURS! I tried having a full bladder, I tried having an empty bladder, I tried different times of the day, I tried all over my stomach- including WAYYYY low, but I just couldn't find it.  Luckily I had a midwife appointment the next day and she found it instantly!  This was great, cuz I could have panicked.  It made me think that maybe the doppler was not such a great idea.  I decided not to bring it on my trip home and was happy to not have the stress.  But, as soon as I hit the door when I got home, I ran to try it out again.  I think I was about14 and a half weeks, and I found that heartbeat right away!  It was about 4 inches below my belly button, right below my "pooch", if that makes sense.  My husband and I listened to it and it was so amazing and reassuring.  Now I listen about once a week and I can usually find it really quickly.  I'm super happy I have it, although I'm not sure I recommend it.  I mean, if I hadn't found the heartbeat I would have been pretty upset.  Still, it has significantly reduced my stress level and it makes it so real, I just love it.  More soon. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment