Tuesday 23 March 2010

24 weeks, 6 days

So, big surprise, I've been tired and a little sicky the past two days.  No real pain, just kind of under the weather.  We were out of groceries and I had very few low fat options in the house and I think I've been a bit hungry too.  Actually, when the groceries came today I scarfed down an entire pack of tortellini and an orange and could have kept going- which is hard to imagine because a stomach couldn't possibly be bigger than a pack of tortellini, so I guess "the hunger" has kind of set it.  This is probably good because I don't have much of an appetite, don't feel like eating, and being hungry kind of forces me to.  Also, I still haven't gained any weight- although the internet assures me that I'd better brace myself, it's about to start.  Anyways, I've been taking it easy and lying around and I woke up after a(nother) nap, came downstairs, and found a wet spot on my shirt over my right breast! Breast leakage! Whoa.  It has left a mark, and I feel strangely embarrassed by it.  I don't know why it makes me feel so embarrassed, but I keep covering it up and covering my face if my husband asks if I "got milk".  It's like a deep seated, irrational embarrassment, which is kind of funny, cuz I'm also kind of proud of it.  Hmmm, a boob that can make milk- wow- what a trip. Moooo!
So, another change is the groin kicking has stopped as suddenly as it started.  He seems to have moved up and can't reach my vag anymore.  He is still trying, he gets going and kicks and hits on all parts of my belly, but he just can't seem to reach down low. Ha!  I am forming a very light linea nigra- have been thinking I can see it for a few weeks now.  I also have a very small stretch mark on my left belly, and some strange marks around my belly.  I asked my sister about her experience with stretch marks and she said that it was one of the things that made her really resent my mother being dead- that it is hereditary and we don't have our mom around to ask.  She said she got stretch marks mostly on her thighs, and they have gone away quickly.  I don't remember my mom having very many stretch marks.  My sister thinks that the marks around my belly button could possibly be bruising and that they might go away sooner rather than later.
Baby and I have both been kind of tired the past two days- he seems less active and I'm a hell of a lot less active, which almost always seems to correspond with a growth spurt in my belly, but one funny thing happened.  My husband was playing his drums, which often wakes the baby up and gets him moving.  I usually think it is super fun.  But this time, the baby was rocking out, top and bottom of belly, when my husband sped up his beat.  I wondered if the baby would speed up to.  But no, he totally stopped.  He was over it- that beat was just too fast. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment